Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lists, Lists and more Lists

I'm a list maker. I have lists on all of my electronic devices, but my favorite lists are on post it notes. Throughout the day, I check off what I have accomplished and add more to the list. Each night, I rewrite the list, removing the items already "checked off". Just as the father in the original Cheaper by the Dozen play, I think that better organization is ALWAYS of general interest! Is there a patron saint of organization? If not, there should be!

Through Shwachman-Diamond America, we send out SDA Cares packages to Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome children in the hospital. This month, we have three SDS friends going through transplant. I was able to get the donated items packaged and ready to mail out. Please keep our friends in your prayers. We also have a young SDS friend who went through transplant last year who may need a second transplant. The doctors are going to try a boost of bone marrow stem cells to see if this helps, they will try this twice before deciding to go to transplant again. These are friends that we have met at camp or at the hospitals and we hold each of them close to our hearts.

In the moments I felt a bit overwhelmed with all the tasks yet to be done, I thought of our friends who are going through transplant. Sometimes, we need the reminder that in the middle of ordinary life and ordinary frustrations, we have a lot to be thankful for! We are abundantly blessed.

In other news, I'm busy transferring our family website over to this blog. I even enlisted the help of a designer... so hopefully I will soon have a great new design! I'm excited..... and then our family website can revert to the free site. It was only a few dollars a month, but I found I like this format much better. It is going to be SO cute! So, if you notice the current changes, they are all in preparation for the new and updated version.

Joseph is working through his confirmation classes and really enjoying it. This week he told me he really had fun reading the various readings and being able to vote on the OT reading for the Confirmation Mass. Next week they will vote on the other readings.... he is very cute!

Baseball season is upon us! Sean has his first practice session this Saturday! From here on out, it will be baseball, baseball, baseball!

A quote from my spiritual reading today:  "The children of God care about every soul there is, because every soul is important."  ~ St. Josemaria Escriva

No comments: