Thursday, June 14, 2012

Is It Summer Yet!?

We finished the toe drama and J started running a 102.5 fever this week.  Many people who know our family often forget that fever for a kid who caths means a trip to the doctor. Fever for a kid who has neutropenia and neutrophil chemotaxis issues, means a trip to the doctor. We don't have the luxury to blow off a fever. He is on the mend... bad cough and congestion, but getting better. Here's hoping we have a healthy summer!

Homeschooling isn't as glamorous as one might think.  I'm ready for a break and my people have yet to complete their schoolwork for the year.  I enjoy summer because it means I can turn on the radio, TV or talk on the phone.  During school hours, I can't do anything because it is a distraction.  I really have no life.  Even with high school kids, I have to keep an eagle on them all day long. If I get up, they end up goofing off (most of the time).

Of course, they all have lots of things they want to do.... but can't.  I'm hoping they will finish up in a few weeks and we can have the rest of the summer off! 

No comments: