Wednesday, September 12, 2012

13 Year Reunion

We recently went back to San Antonio for the first time in 13 years.  I was able to visit Thomas' grave for the first time since we left Texas in 1999.  Visiting his grave was easy compared to leaving Texas again.  In many ways, I have healed since he died in my womb....but a mother's heart can never be fully healed. Well, at least not until we get to heaven. I know we will meet all of our little ones again.

I was overcome with emotion when we left Texas... I don't know when we will ever go back. The thought that I may have to wait 13 years to visit his grave again made my heart hurt. I don't know why it did. I know where he is.... his body is buried in San Antonio, but his soul is not there, so I shouldn't worry about leaving his grave behind, should I?

I had lost the photo I took of his grave before leaving 13 years ago. This visit gave me a chance to snap a few more pictures:    





1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

Pattie, I am so sorry. I am glad, however, that you got the chance to go back and spend some time at Thomas' grave.