Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sweet Potato Muffins

We had extra sweet potatoes and no one in the house (other than myself!) eats them. Until today. My boys ate all of the muffins in the first batch before I told them the secret ingredient. I used my favorite muffin recipe that I had already altered ...so this is an altered, altered recipe.

Sweet Potato Muffins

2 cups white wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar/brown sugar mixed (I put them both in the measuring cup)
3 large eggs (or 4 small)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
splash of milk ( I added the milk last -- mix milk in until it is "muffin consistency" -I did not measure)

Bake at 400 degrees until done, about 15-18 minutes. I didn't time them, either. :-)

No comments: