Monday, August 30, 2010

Randolph Tea Party Meeting Tonight

I was invited to speak at the Randolph Tea party Meeting tonight. I am honored that they asked me. I am certainly no expert on the healthcare bill.... I'd like to think I am an informed citizen. I read the bill and don;t pretend to understand half of it. What I can understand is that it sets up committees with secretaries that make policies based on the information gathered by said committees. We must also look at this bill in light of the appointees to Barack Obama's administration.  Berwick as head of CMS who espouses rationed healthcare and Dr. Ezeikel Emmanuel who also supports the rationing of care.  Berwick goes so far as to say "the chronically ill and those toward the end of their lives are accounting for potentially 80% of the total healthcare out there," and then continues to say, "The decision is not whether or not we will ration care. The decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open."

Here are a few of my beefs with the bill (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act):

  • It sets up secretaries and chiefs that WE THE PEOPLE cannot fire or vote out. These unelected officials will be making the policy! This is an open ended piece of legislation that will be completed by individuals that WE THE PEOPLE have not elected to represent us.
  • This bill did not fix the privacy violations in HIPAA, but instead made them worse.
  • It is unconstitutional for the government to force Americans to purchase ANYTHING, including government approved  insurance.
  • Government control of insurance IS government healthcare (the left would ave you believe otherwise, but son the government will be telling your insurance companies what they can and cannot cover)
  • This bill doesn't give everyone access to healthcare! The Congressional Budget Office Estimates that in 10 years, there will still be 21 million uninsured Americans.
I'm just a Catholic Homeschooling mom of 3 boys, but I can read.  Two of my boys have chronic illnesses and this bill, coupled with Obama's appointments scares the beejeebees out of me!

No comments: