Wednesday, January 11, 2012

From Pearl harbor to Hiroshima

I love books! As I am fond of telling people, my husband doesn't worry if I tell him I am going shopping for clothes, but panics if I tell him I am going to the book store.  Interactive books are even better.  From Pearl Harbor to Hiroshima: The War in the Pacific is an excellent book for kids (and adults!).  We've had fun not only reading the pages, but pulling out the replicas of original telegrams and even the notes of President Roosevelt's address to Congress. 

My youngest is doing a research paper on Pearl Harbor this year, so we purchased this book for his studies.  I really like how it is a simplified version of each campaign in the Pacific, setting up very nicely how Japan came to attack the United States at Pearl Harbor and finishing with each of the battles in the Pacific. 

No comments: