Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Berry Smudges and Leaf Prints

I love making paints from nature. I've even colored Easter Eggs using crushed blueberries. Several years ago, I came across this wonderful book titled: Berry Smudges and Leaf Prints Finding and Making Colors from Nature. It was an answer to a prayer-- it was my dream book!

This book has craft projects and recipes for making colors from nature. Lots of fun! One year, we had an Indian birthday party for Joseph-- we had a Teepee and everything (grandma and grandpa gave hte bosy a 7ft teepee one Christmas!). We painted our own headbands and also did buffalo skin paintings. I used paper bags for the buffalo skins. We torn big shapes from teh bags and wadded htem up to make them look like worn buffalo skins. Thekids then helped to make paints from plantsin the yard. It was a lot of fun!

No comments: