Sunday, January 4, 2009

Joseph's Wisdom

We have had quite a trying few weeks. But we are coming out on the other side of things and life is seeming to be a bit more normal.

The other day as we were walking into the grocery store, Joseph said, "Cathing isn't going to be so bad." Chris said, "Well that is a positive attitude to have." Joseph replied, "Well, I learned to look on the bright side from mom."

I wrote an article for the Shwachman-Diamond America eNewsletter and asked Joseph’s permission to put it in. He said okay and wrote something to go with it. Here is what he wrote. I thought it was special and wanted to share it with you.

Joseph’s Point of view: Looking on the Brighter Side
By Joseph Curran

My mom asked me if it was okay to print the article she wrote about counting blessings and looking on the bright side and I said okay. I told her that I would write something about looking on the bright side of things, too.

I am eleven and I have Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome and I have to do something called intermittent catheterization (IC). Life hasn’t always been easy, but I try to look on the bright side. I learned to look on the bright side because my mom taught me to. I was upset about IC until I looked on the bright side.

Since I was little I have had a lot of medical procedures and surgeries. I started looking on the bright side of things and I got through the procedures and surgeries better. I learned that even when I am sad Jesus is with me even when I think He is not. I learned to count my blessings and look on the bright side and that there is always something to be thankful for. Looking for good things when life is hard makes me feel happier.

No comments: