Wednesday, June 25, 2014

T-minus 23 Days

In 23 days, my middle son and I will leave for a grand adventure! My oldest, youngest and the hubby will be staying back at home. Since I have not seen my parents in 9 years and we have (now) a window of 3 and a few days between appointments, I came up with the crazy idea of driving from coast to coast. My parents are the antithesis of who and what I am....so it will be difficult to visit. They are now 85 and 77, so I'm praying we can have a peaceful visit.

We will be gone 22 days (if things go as planned). We will camp in Little Rock, Albuquerque and Flagstaff the first 3 nights we are on the road. We found a cute church to go to Mass at in Albuquerque. If we have time, I want to stop at the Stations of the Cross in Groom, TX.  We will then spend 2 nights in the Grand Canyon before heading to visit friends who live outside of LA.  Then it is up the middle to eat lunch with a friend in Fresno and on to Vacaville for a night to visit a childhood friend. I feel blessed that we are planning on going to vigil Mass at the church where I received my First Holy Communion!  Then up to Redding for 5 nights with my parents before heading up to Idaho. We will camp at Twin Falls before spending 3 nights at Yellowstone. Then it is on to friends in Denver. We will camp one night in Topeka and visit friends in Overland Park before making the last 16 hrs of the drive home. 20 states, 6,200 plus miles, 10n nights camping, 10 nights with friends and two nights using hotel points.


A few weeks ago, when I was making reservations at Yellowstone for camping, I had to pull out our small tent to get the dimensions. They ask! I've always known them as the small tent and the big tent. Since it was out, I sealed the seams once again.... because there is nothing worse than camping and having the rain come inside your tent.

Today, I'm going through camping gear....because you know that it never gets put back properly after each trip. Need to figure out what we have and what we need. I'm pretty sure my Coleman stove needs a good cleaning, too. In 23 days, my 18 year old son and I will embark upon the most amazing adventure ever! We are praying for 3 weeks of health and 3 weeks with no doctor visits. God's got this!

I'm going to try to blog as we travel with my mobile app! I really think this is what we need. It's been a stressful few years with their health and surgeries, etc.

No comments: