Saturday, January 22, 2011

Amazing Things

My oldest is getting an award and I have to write a bio. He is pretty amazing. He will be 17 in a few weeks and was just elected to the board of directors of a non-profit organization. Not Shwachman-Diamond America, either! ha ha ha. Can you believe that!? He is serving on the board of Room at the Inn of the Carolinas. It is a volunteer position. We are so proud of him. Where did this child come from? {smile} I just added that to his section in the "My Family" portion of this blog.

We had a great time meeting with a priest friend of ours Friday for lunch. Matthew is planning another teen pro-life retreat for August and we are going to have the first Catholic Homeschool Prom. It is going to be wonderful. He also asked Matthew to altar serve at the Mass at the National Shrine on Monday. How cool is that? Who is this amazing child?

He is MY child... he is God's child. Through the years and all of my mistakes, God has filled in the gaps and made up for my shortcomings. God does amazing things. I am so proud of all my boys and the amazing things they have done for God, too. They are great kids.

So many people tell me, "I could never homeschool." I could never do it without God. With all of the hospitalizations and medical procedures, homeschooling has not been easy, but God truly does make up for all of our shortcomings -- IF we allow Him into our lives. If we put God first, that is.

It has been an amazing ride watching what my children have done as they have grown up. Today is the 38th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Today I am thankful for my children and being able to watch them grow. Today, I think of all those children killed in their mother's womb -- children of God who will never be on this earth. So sad.

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

Pattie, what an extraordinary achievement for your son, and for you, as you have raised such wonderful children! God bless you all! :-)