Thursday, January 27, 2011

St. Francis de Sales

My day started with my husband reading an article about St. Francis de Sales. He said, "OH, look, he was born two months premature and nearly died, he has something in common with you!" (I was born two and a half months premature and given somewhere around a ten percent chance of living) Then my husband began laughing hysterically when he got to, "From an early age he was curious about the mysteries of the faith, thoughtful, yet quick tempered." Yes, I am very thoughtful ~laughter~ and........ quick tempered *sigh*.

I'm working on it! Unfortunately, as I have said in te past, dealing with the stresses of daily life can sometimes put me on edge and I snap. Not always and not on purpose, of course,

Today I managed to maintain my cool. I thought the day was going well with our catheter order reminder came and it had the correct items and numbers on the order! That is a miracle.... then I received the itinerary for Sean's brain MRI and they had him listed as getting it with contrast (he is allergic) and received another alcohol prep pad recall notice.

Here is hoping that tomorrow I can have another day of even-temperedness. While it is not funny, it is nice to know there are saints who suffered from the same flaws I deal with on a daily basis. There is hope for me! We are all called to holiness and learning about the saints helps m to realize that saints are people who had to overcome their weaknesses and sins!

Health note: Sean is still running a fever tonight. We know it isn't the flu or strep.... here is hoping tomorrow is fever-free.

No comments: