Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bishop Joseph

My boys love to pretned to offer Mass. Grandpa and Grandma gave Matthew a video camera two years ago...... Tuesday, when I brought Sean to piano, Matthew stayed with Joseph. Joseph had already been wearing his red robe all day pretending to be Bishop Joseph (and yes, Bisop Joseph still had to do school work!). Matthew recorded their entire Mass, but this is only a 15 second clip because I wanted you to see Joseph's lovely Mitre! This is the reason I was searching for a Mass kit.... When I watched the video with the boys, I noticed the bread they had used was perfectly round, so I said, "Joseph, did you use a cookie cutter?" He replied, "Oh no, I used your scissors and cut it out!" When I had come in through the garage, I noticed that there was a box out and thought it must be the pulpit. No, they had that behind their altar and it was their pretend Tabernacle. And..... he used a pillow for his Mitre.

2 comments:

Allison said...

They are very clever..how wonderful it would be to have a son that God chose to be an Alter Christi. I know I pray that that is God's will at my home!

Candise and Crew said...

This brings back such fond memories of my three sons playing mass. Their big sister was the lector because she was the only one who could read! It's fascinating to see them include all the details: kissing the Altar Stone, folding hands, mitre, etc. LOL! :-)