Thursday, May 19, 2011

Flower Pressing

I dug out my old flower press today and picked a few flowers for pressing.  I want to add these dried, pressed flowers to my mail art.  Have you ever pressed flowers?  I think it is very easy to do.  I have a simple flower press made of two boards with straps--  I layer the flowers between cardboard and regular paper, changing the paper towels every few days until my flowers are dry.

Gardening and crafting are my mental escapes!  Our youngest had his third trip to the dentist in three weeks.  Not a big deal, just a small cavity.  He already goes for cleanings every three months because of his added issues.  Today, I found myself worrying about 2013 and the new Obamacare regulations that are going to have a huge impact on our family. The decrease in flex spending from 5K to 2500 in 2013 is very upsetting to me.  We survive using our flex spending. Just to give you an idea, here we are on May 19th and our family has already spent over $5,000 on out of pocket medical expenses and our boys still have bone marrow biopsies coming up in August.   Add this to the fact that the deduction amount moves to 7.5% of your AGI to 10% in 2013 and this family will have its back broken.

So... to relieve my anxiety and stress, I worked a bit in the garden after the dentist and school.  I can't wait to see how the flowers turn out. So, for now, I am going to have faith in God that Obamacare will be repealed and have fun dreaming about how my flowers will turn out!

Our poor Valentine is at the vet tonight because she has an abscess. 

No comments: