Monday, February 27, 2012

Retreat

I had a great weekend away at a retreat.  When I left on Friday, J's toe looked perfectly fine, the infection had stayed away since he stopped antibiotics on Wednesday.  He continued to soak it over the weekend, but by last night, it was worse than before.  The ped told me this morning that she felt it looked worse than when it first became infected.  Joy.  So, she drained it, cultured it again and started him on another 10 days of antibiotics.  We'll go for a procedure at the podiatrist next week.  Even though his toenail wasn't ingrown, this might help keep him from getting cuts and scrapes that get infected.  She sent a message to the immunologist to ask about restarting IgG.  He's been on antibiotics 8 times in just over 5 months.  J was worried that meant going to the hospital,but we assured him, if we restart, it would be SCIG at home.   I forgot he'd been on abx so many times recently.

The retreat focused on finding rest in God.  It really was appropriate for my life.  I'm hoping that the rest of the week is free from doctors! I'm still feeling refreshed from the retreat. God is good. I really needed the break.  We'll be busy with baseball, piano and getting ready for the sign making event at our house on Friday. The Forsyth County Republican Convention on Saturday.    So far, I've been doing well with my Lenten goal of contacting 2-3 new people about the Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rally in Winston-Salem, NC.   If you live in the area and are reading this, please join us!

No comments: