Monday, February 6, 2012

Puke, Pokies and Pigs

Sometimes, life revolves around bodily fluids.  I hate to admit how much this is true in our lives.  J had a bad stomach ache last night, couldn't describe the pain, so I sent him to bed.  He and S have bad stomach aches a lot. It's been life since they were born, so we really think nothing of it.  He woke up throwing up just after midnight.  From the top bunk. His older brother narrowly escaped from bottom bunk, he got out of the way  in a flash.  I've never seen S get out of bed that quickly before.  It's been a long day.  He threw up 30 plus times and had a slight fever by morning.  This afternoon it is almost 103 and seeming to climb.  The one pokie went well. 

The Mito cocktail is not pleasant going in and it is worse coming out....and it turns everything bright orange.  The dead fish pills (L-carnitine - we call them dead fish pills because they smell like dead fish) and the riboflavin--- I cannot even begin to tell you.  Mito moms will know what I am talking about. He was throwing up until 3 am and we were also cleaning carpet.  Love the Little Green Machine.  He woke up again a few times between 3 and 6 and has been okay since then.  Except for the high fever that started this afternoon.

I've scrubbed with bleach and Lysol.  Went over it again with antibacterial cleaner..... I'm a bit on the OCD side when it comes to vomiting viruses.  They scare me.

In other news, our pigs arrived, but we didn't show them to J.  Figured a pukey day wasn't the right day to do that! I'm excited about dissecting the pigs with the boys. We bought these from Carolina Biological. They are not raised for dissection-- they preserve pigs who were stillborn who would be thrown out in the trash. 

1 comment:

TheFiveDays said...

I am with you on stomach viruses...hate, hate, hate to have them myself and get so anxious when the kids have them. Sounds like you had an extra rough day...hope everyone is feeling better now!!!